Friday, August 25, 2006

Rejection Letter

The next time you get a rejection letter from a hoped-for employer, just send them the following:

Dear [name of the person who signed the rejection letter],

Thank you for your letter of [date of the rejection letter]. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me [job title].

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates, it is impossible for me to accept all refusals. Despite [name of the company that sent you this letter]'s outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting [applicants/manuscripts], I find that your rejection does not meet with my needs at this time.

Therefore, I will initiate [employment] with your firm immediately following [graduation/job change, etc. -- get creative here]. I look forward to working with you.

Best of luck in rejecting future candidates.

Sincerely,
[your name]

4 comments:

me said...

going to cut and paste that for future reference!

me said...

p.s. been to your first post, that was a corker. going to try and get round to them all this w/e

Kim Ayres said...

If you're going to review them all I'd set up a large flask of coffee and a bowl of popcorn if I were you.

Unknown said...

O M G!!!! Thats daring!!! I should try this sometime. Who know? I could get the letter of rejection withdrawn or............. maybe a room in a mental institution? LOL!! Would like to see the face of the boss when he's reading that!!