Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Typoglycemia

Don't ignore this because it looks weird. Believe it or not you can read it .


Yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia :)

Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

11 comments:

The Dog of Freetown said...

That really is very amazing. On two counts. Firslty, the fact in itself. Secondly, I've been educated against my will. I feel violated.

Foot Eater said...

That's why Arlington Hynes's Bogol blog is readable despite his spelling.

Unknown said...

Amazing huh? That we were all determined to read all that and deciphered it perfectly!!!

merapuman said...

i hv somethng similar on my site but didnt know that it's called typoglycemia

Kim Ayres said...

Wlel I had thguoht it was cmploete
bllocoks but it apaeprs taht I was wnorg.

Kim Ayres said...

Kieran - thanks for visiting.Would you like to exchange links?

The Dog of Freetown said...

Well I am single now so I'll take what I can get. You are linked sir.

me said...

try www.planetperplex.com for more of the same.
some freaky shit!

Kim Ayres said...

Thanks Kieran - the link has now been returned:)

Kim Ayres said...

Cappy - I couldn't find anything at that link except "Cannot Find Server"

me said...

http://www.planetperplex.com/en/index.html try that. works for me!