Thursday, December 06, 2007

Zebra's confusion

Zebra dies and arrives at the Pearly Gates.

As he enters, he asks St.Peter, "I have a question that's haunted me all of my days
on earth. Am I white with black stripes, or am I black with white stripes?"

St. Peter says, "That's a question which only God can answer."

So the zebra goes off in search of God. When he finds Him, the zebra asks , "God, please - I must know. Am I white with black stripes, or am I black with white stripes?"

God simply replies "You are what you are."

The zebra then returns to see St. Peter once more, and St. Peter asks him,
"Well, did God straighten out your query for you?"

The zebra looks puzzled. "No, he says, God simply said "You are what you are."

St. Peter smiles and says to the zebra, "Wel l then, there you are. You are white with black stripes."

The zebra then asks St. Peter, "How do you know that for certain?"

"Because," said St. Peter, "If you were black with white stripes, God would have said, "You is what you is."

2 comments:

/77!cH3//3 said...

i don't understand the joke =(

Jupiter's Girl said...

The African American vernacular of the inner city child is different from the white's vernacular in the Southern United States. It is a slam against that race, but not something I would laugh at really. I think we are all different and like that about us. :) We ean either laugh about it or we can try to force change. We've all got our idiosyncrasies.

Oh, I am getting preachy. It must be Sunday.