Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sick Leave

I urgently needed a few days off work, but, I knew the Boss would not
allow me to take leave. I thought that maybe if I acted 'Crazy' then he
would tell me to take a few days off. So, I hung upside-down on the
ceiling and made funny noises.

My co-worker asked me what I was doing. I told her that I was pretending
to be a light bulb, so that the Boss might think I was 'Crazy' and give
me a few days off.

A few minutes later the boss came into the office and asked, 'What in
blazes are you doing?' I told him I was a light bulb. He said,'You are
clearly stressed out. Go home and recuperate for a couple of days.'

I jumped down and walked out of the office...

When my co-worker followed me, the Boss asked her, '...And where do you
think you're going?!'

She said, "I'm going too. I can't work in the dark."

5 comments:

LazerFX said...

I must be missing something, because I really don't see the punchline?

Arkady said...

I'm so.

Mark said...

The punchline:

She said, "I'm going home too. I can't work in the dark."

LazerFX said...

Ahh, that makes more sense - good one, thanks :)

Jupiter's Girl said...

That's what I get for not proofing the post after posting it. Thanks, Mark, for filling it in.