Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Now it all makes sense

For a couple years I've been blaming it on lack of sleep and too much pressure from my job, but now I found out the real reason I'm tired because I'm overworked.

The population of the USA is 237 million.

104 million are retired. That leaves 133 million to do the work.

There are 85 million in school, which leaves 48 million to do the work.

Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government, leaving 19 million to do the work.

2.8 million are in the Armed Forces, which leaves 16.2 million to do the work.

Take from the total the 14,800,000 people who work for State and City Governments and that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.

At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals, leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons. That leaves just two people to do the work.

You and me.

And you're sitting at your computer reading jokes.


With thanks to Safetinspector for this one

5 comments:

SheBah said...

Intrseentig!

The Human Mind

Don’t delete this because it looks weird. Believe it or not you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd what I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the human mind aoccdrng to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer inwaht order the ltteers in a word are, the olny iprmoatnt thing is that the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the human mind deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thuoght slpeling was ipmorantt!

Tynna said...

BLaCkFeLiNe:<----------guilty as charged! hehehehe..

Kim Ayres said...

Sexybeauty, I wonder if this works for dylexics?

Blackfeline, I can't say anything, I'm the one wasting time by putting these jokes up!

Tynna said...

hey Jokemail..you make ppl laff ..it chases away the blues ya know..u wanna write now?:p

Kim Ayres said...

write what?