Sunday, February 12, 2006

Quotes for the Day

"Ah, yes, divorce, from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet."
Robin Williams.

"When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."
Author Unknown.

"It's so long since I've had sex, I've forgotten who ties up whom."
Joan Rivers.

"If it wasn't for pick-pockets and frisking at airports I'd have no sex life at all."
Rodney Dangerfield.

"Sex is one of the most wholesome, beautiful and natural experiences that money can buy."
Steve Martin.

"My girlfriend said to me in bed last night' 'you're a pervert' I said,'that's a big word for a girl of fifteen'."
Emo Philips.

"My wife is a sex object. Everytime I ask for sex, she objects."
Les Dawson.

"I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own."
Woody Allen.

"My love life is terrible. The last time I was inside a woman was when I visited the Statue of Liberty."
Woody Allen.

"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Woody Allen.

"There are a number of mechanical devices that increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief amongst these is the Mercedes-Benz 380L convertible."
Unknown.

"You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life."
Emo Philips.

"Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house."
Steven Seagal.

"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."
Robin Williams.

"What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them?
Marilyn Pittman.

"If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead."
Johnny Carson.

"Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography."
Paul Rodriguez.

"My parents didn't want to move to Florida, but they turned sixty, and that's the law."
Jerry Seinfeld.

"Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same."
Oscar Wilde.

"Advice for the day: If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin" and "Keep away from children".
A Mum.

In an interview, General Norman Schwartzkopf was asked if he didn't think there was room for forgiveness toward the people who have harboured and abetted the terrorists who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks on America. His answer was a classic; Schwartzkopf said, "I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting."

5 comments:

SafeTinspector said...

I wonder if the Stormin' Norman quote was apocryphal....
Seems too precious, really.

Kim Ayres said...

Probably a script writer got in there somewhere

Kim Ayres said...

Just for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocryphal#Non-religious_usage

:)

Anonymous said...

I was pleased that you did something just for me. I skimmed the article. Interesting. That is only the third or fourth time I have been into that conglomerate of information; twice on account of your providing the link directly to the word in question. Thanks for that.

Kim Ayres said...

Glad to be of help!