Wednesday, July 26, 2006

George & the Queen

At his meeting with Queen Elizabeth last night, George W. Bush turned to the Queen and said: "As I'm the President, I'm thinking of changing how my great country is referred to, and I'm thinking that it should be a Kingdom."

The Queen replied "I'm sorry Mr Bush, but to be a Kingdom, you have to have a King in charge - and you're not a King."

George Bush thought a while and then said: "How about a Principality then?"

To which the Queen replied "Again, to be a Principality you have to be a Prince - and you're not a Prince, Mr Bush."

George thought long and hard and came up with "How about an Empire then?"

The Queen, getting a little annoyed by now, replied "Sorry again, Mr Bush, but to be an Empire you must have an Emperor in charge - and you are not an Emperor."

Before George W could utter another word, The Queen said: "I think you're doing quite nicely as a Country.

5 comments:

Jupiter's Girl said...

Does that mean he's a count?

Binty McShae said...

Jupiter's Girl has a point... kind of works better when actually verbalised, that joke. But raised a smile nonetheless!

me said...

ooh, been beaten to it by other pedants!
shit, shit and more shit.
still funny though!

Kim Ayres said...

I guess a bit depends on your accent too.

Jupiter's Girl said...

Ohhhh, I get it. Ha!