Sunday, November 05, 2006

Drinking battery acid and eating fireworks

It took me a while to look for a bonfire night related joke, but this was the best I could find

***********

The local bobby had just finished his shift one cold November evening and was at home with his wife.

"You just won't believe what happened this evening love, in all my years on the beat I've never seen anything like it."

"Oh yes dear, what happened?"

"I came across two lads down by the canal, one of them was drinking battery acid and the other was eating fireworks."

"Drinking battery acid and eating fireworks!!! What did you do with them?"

"Oh that was easy, I charged one and let the other off."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaah!! I laughed aloud at this one. =)

Anonymous said...

didn't you have one like identical to this a couple of weeks ago? yeah you did. it was from the tommy cooper quotes: Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, and the other was eating fireworks.
They charged one and let the other one off.

just thought i'd point that out. but it is a good joke,
luv rhi

Kim Ayres said...

Doh!

Bonus points to you Rhi.

After more than 440 posts it was inevitable I'd end up repeating myself at some point.

But consistency is called for, so I've deleted the line in the Tommy Cooper jokes.